You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index You-Read-It-Here-First
A collection of textual novelties

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
If you want to read the articles here, go ahead, just click on a forum and find a thread that interests you...no need to register! If you want to post something... either new or in response to someone here, then click the Register link above. It's free... and it's fun to write your ideas here. You can even create a "blog" by starting a personal thread in the Daily Life Every Thread A Diary section...

Matter Does Size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Turns of Phrase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jabailo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Matter Does Size Reply with quote

I was driving up the street. Because of beginning of the housing decline around Kent, where for the past five years there was a building boom, there is now a sufeit of signs (I've mentioned one in the post, From the 200s).

Today I saw a sequence of three together...I guess they were advertising a spacious home, and they intended to make me read the three words as "Size Does Matter", but because they were so close together and I was travelling in my car, my brain read it from left to right as "Matter Does Size".

I was, of course, immediately elated by this bit of Einsteinian wisdom staked in the flower beds near the traffic circle.

Matter Does Size, as in it has some type of elastic capability, or it will fill a volume, or more interestingly, it can be sized with some as yet unannounced technology known only to the Quandrant Home Corporation.
Visit the Instant Postcard Collection @ http://instant-postcard-collection.com
Looking for postcards of that favorite place? Family origins? Or that perfect vacation, except for the photos?
Researching your dissertation? Serious collector? Just looking for something neat?
You've found the right place to add to your existing collection, or to start a new one.
brian-hansen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis beautiful.

Just the kind of thing I look for on YRIHF!

First, its a conceptual Spoonerism.

Second, it has a deep and profound meaning.

This is a direct paraphrase from elementary physics
(which, it turns out, is not elementary at all):

It is a fundamental property of the particles that
are considered "matter" that they cannot coincide
in space. Others, it turns out, can.

So yes, matter does indeed size.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meanwhile, those men with small penii can be
reminded of their shame, and women can smirk.
I'm still left to wonder, though, when I get those
email messages: "how did they know?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Turns of Phrase All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: