You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index You-Read-It-Here-First
A collection of textual novelties

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
If you want to read the articles here, go ahead, just click on a forum and find a thread that interests you...no need to register! If you want to post something... either new or in response to someone here, then click the Register link above. It's free... and it's fun to write your ideas here. You can even create a "blog" by starting a personal thread in the Daily Life Every Thread A Diary section...

The Ultimate Commenting System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Ideas about software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jabailo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: The Ultimate Commenting System Reply with quote

I comment in a lot of blogs. I like the format and in fact, it's fast becoming a recognized and valued content. In some sense, the groundbreaking Huffington Post, although it has news stories and editorial, is really made up of the sum of its comments, and offers various "badges" such as Superuser, Pundit, Networker, to recognize high power contributors. In response to an article about Facebook wanting to grab the comment space, I proposed my thoughts on the features of the ideal commenting system:

Quote:
The ultimate commenting system would add features like editing, revisions, spell checking, authorship and copyright protection­, and yes ultimately a payment system. Right now Disqus comes close just because it associates the text with the writer...n­ot the blog or portal. Other features:

Should identify similar comments (redundanc­y) in thread to avoid duplicatio­n of content.

Should identify posts that might be better as a reply rather than new thread.

Should find places to post comment other than current blog (sell your work to other consumers)­.

Should value content with score for originalit­y (using Google type algorithm)”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/jabailo/should-facebook-be-the-we_b_832658_80309846.html
Visit the Instant Postcard Collection @ http://instant-postcard-collection.com
Looking for postcards of that favorite place? Family origins? Or that perfect vacation, except for the photos?
Researching your dissertation? Serious collector? Just looking for something neat?
You've found the right place to add to your existing collection, or to start a new one.
jabailo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it a step further.

Maybe what I want it the ultimate Identity system...the ultimate Ownership system.

So, I want to "place" my content in various venues -- the most appropriate places -- but I want to retain an association with myself or a business.

That means identity. Now many "universal" identity schemes have been proposed, but they usually involve associating oneself with one or the other sites (Facebook).

My own experience with Google is that this can be a double edged sword. If "they" don't like something you say, suddenly all your "identity" becomes compromised.

A true identifier has to be really primal and irrevocable, like a Social Security number, or birth certificate. The closest thing in computerland would be a Public-Private key pair in an asymmetric encryption scheme.

Data can carry a "signature" that could verify its origin...mapping back to the creator. Some already use PGP to do just that on Usenet and other places.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Ideas about software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: