You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index You-Read-It-Here-First
A collection of textual novelties

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
If you want to read the articles here, go ahead, just click on a forum and find a thread that interests you...no need to register! If you want to post something... either new or in response to someone here, then click the Register link above. It's free... and it's fun to write your ideas here. You can even create a "blog" by starting a personal thread in the Daily Life Every Thread A Diary section...

Pay Me For It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Ideas about software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jabailo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Pay Me For It Reply with quote

A comment in Internet Evolution in response to this article:

Ad Industry Distracts With 'Self-Regulation'
by Nicole Ferraro

Quote:
Those are all reasons why proposed regulations of the online ad industry -- self-regulation and federal -- have not been met with enthusiasm. As yet, no difference-making proposal for regulating the way consumers are tracked online has materialized. This "code of conduct" promises to be as ineffective as a "Do Not Track" list would be. Both seem like distractions -- ways of saying, "Look, we tried!" without really changing the game at all.

http://www.internetevolution.com/author.asp?section_id=466&doc_id=233230&

Pay Me For It...

Quote:
Every day each of us willingly (over)shares our lives on social media.

Most intending to make a name for themselves...to broadcast their "data" to their Friends and to the world hoping to meet new friends.

Marketeers may feel, if you're serving a free dinner...then I'm eating.

In a way, we are sort of in the same situation as all Content Providers. We have no way to control who uses our stuff, and we haven't figured out how to monetize it.

If I'm providing information about what it takes to sell me goods, then I might make that information available for free. If I'm providing generic information that generates a sale for someone else to someone else, then I want a cut.

This goes back to really building out The Cloud. When we can monitor all the parts and give the user both the tools to broadcast and the tools to monitor use, then some degree of fairness may return to this e-Marketplace.

For example, I would love a Cloud Service that takes any ideas I post, and copyrights and patents them automatically...now that the Senate passed a bill yesterday where the First to Patent exceeds the First to Publish.

In a cloud environment, I should instantly be able to validate the uniqueness of my idea, and using Watson like searching, find if it has not yet been licensed. At that point, I would be presented with an option (Would you like to patent that, sir?).

The problem is that the playing field needs to normalize....in the Cloud...it will.

http://www.internetevolution.com/messages.asp?piddl_msgthreadid=241445&piddl_msgid=448143#msg_448143
Visit the Instant Postcard Collection @ http://instant-postcard-collection.com
Looking for postcards of that favorite place? Family origins? Or that perfect vacation, except for the photos?
Researching your dissertation? Serious collector? Just looking for something neat?
You've found the right place to add to your existing collection, or to start a new one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Ideas about software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: