You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index You-Read-It-Here-First
A collection of textual novelties

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
If you want to read the articles here, go ahead, just click on a forum and find a thread that interests you...no need to register! If you want to post something... either new or in response to someone here, then click the Register link above. It's free... and it's fun to write your ideas here. You can even create a "blog" by starting a personal thread in the Daily Life Every Thread A Diary section...

And Now This...Bulbers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Turns of Phrase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jabailo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: And Now This...Bulbers? Reply with quote

First there were the Deniers. Those who denied global warming...or anthropogenic global warming...or Prius hybrids.

Then there were the Birthers...those who questioned the native borness of Barrack Obama.

The other side returned fire...labeling avowed Communist Van Jones a Truther...who wants The Truth on 9/11.

Are there Bulbers? Haven't you ever wondered if the rush to Compact Fluorescent bulbs, the curlicue shaped bulbs that are supposed to save you pennies a day on your electric bill and show up the Deniers by cooling the Earth, and increasing your heating bill by dollars a day was foisted on us by Greens working in tandem with the Lighting Elite to draw us in to purchasing ever more expensive and elaborate bulbs?

I went entirely CF and after more than a year...felt there was something missing. I had also recently had a sharp increase in farsightedness and wondered if I was getting all the USDA recommended wavelengths on my retinas.

I went to Fred Meyer and puchased an array of 40, 60 and 75w bulbs (total, less than 10 bucks) and swapped out a few just for Olde Tyme's Sake and to see if I wasn't going to need a pair of different set of glasses for each 10 ft of distance.

Am I a Bulber?

In the end, I remain...a Questioner.
Visit the Instant Postcard Collection @ http://instant-postcard-collection.com
Looking for postcards of that favorite place? Family origins? Or that perfect vacation, except for the photos?
Researching your dissertation? Serious collector? Just looking for something neat?
You've found the right place to add to your existing collection, or to start a new one.
jabailo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bulbist movement grows!

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2009/09/uk-pensioner-stockpiles-1000-banned.html

Quote:
A pensioner has defied an EU ban by hoarding more than 1,000 traditional light bulbs - enough to see her "into the grave."

For myself, I went to home depot and bought a six pack of 100w incandescent bulbs -- cost $6. I also bought two CF 100w equivalents (also $6). In my living room, I tried one CF and one incandescent bulb, but the contrast of the warm, soothing regular bulb was too much compared to the cold blueish CF bulb, and I went all incandescent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> Turns of Phrase All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: