You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index You-Read-It-Here-First
A collection of textual novelties

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
If you want to read the articles here, go ahead, just click on a forum and find a thread that interests you...no need to register! If you want to post something... either new or in response to someone here, then click the Register link above. It's free... and it's fun to write your ideas here. You can even create a "blog" by starting a personal thread in the Daily Life Every Thread A Diary section...

Struck Gold At "Claim Jumper"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> The First One is Free
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jabailo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Struck Gold At "Claim Jumper" Reply with quote

I love Claim Jumper restaurants. They serve big steaks, BBQ and baked potatoes with a teeny side orders of veggies (braised asparagus or something).

Anyway, I started using their online ordering system to get take out. They usually have a line out the door for tables because they are that good and even give people pagers so they can go shopping while they wait to get served!

But, I had some issues with their website when, a few hours prior to the Super Bowl, I thought, gee, I'll order myself rack of ribs. I went through the process, had my order set up, and hit SUBMIT. Boom! Instead of being sent to a page to confirm and print my order, I was sent to this mysterious page saying something about "Now you may continue". But there were no buttons to press and I had never seen this page before! Was my order accepted or not? Was a button not displaying because of my browser (Firefox)? Luckily they don't ask for credit cards at this site, but still, instead of having this really definite confirmation, I was left in a worse state of not knowing. AND, I had gone further from my goal of efficiently setting up a definite time to acquire sustenance.

I called the pickup location in Tukwila, WA and they said, yeah, there were problems and they would make up my order manually. I got there exactly at 2pm (the online site makes you specify a time and then normally instructs you to be there exactly at that time and to even print out the receipt with the time), but it took them another 20 minutes to prepare the order (as in, did any of this even matter).

So, after enjoying watching the Giants cream the Pats (18-1! fizz), I went to http://www.claimjumper.com/ and saw that the President's name had an email link. Hey, why not go to the top, and I did. I wrote the President of Claim Jumper, very nicely, and explained how I, as a Web Developer, felt about his site. I threw in a few other bon mots about user interface. The President of CJ responded very nicely saying that yes, absolutely, it should not be this way and he would get on it. AND, he followed up by sending me a $30 gift card!

It pays to speak up.

And by the way, Claim Jumper does have some of the best food ever. Even their lunch menu is delicious and fresh!
Visit the Instant Postcard Collection @ http://instant-postcard-collection.com
Looking for postcards of that favorite place? Family origins? Or that perfect vacation, except for the photos?
Researching your dissertation? Serious collector? Just looking for something neat?
You've found the right place to add to your existing collection, or to start a new one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    You-Read-It-Here-First Forum Index -> The First One is Free All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: